Kenya Pipeline CEO Joe Sang will not be renewing his contract at the company, the Board has said.
The company lost 11.646 million litres — 5.956 million in spillage and 5.69 million to pilferage between March 2017 and May 2018 in nine separate incidences during his tenure.
Sang is also being investigated over the Ksh.1.8 billion Kisumu oil jetty scandal.
“The board received and accepted Sang’s letter stating that due to personal reasons he will not be seeking a second term,” chairperson John Ngumi said in a statement on Tuesday.
“The Board acknowledged the various contributions made by Mr. Joe Sang during his tenure and welcomed his assurance of full cooperation during the transition. The Board will immediately embark on a process of recruiting a Managing Director,” the statement reads.
His current term expires in April next year.
The Kenya Pipeline Company has been under investigation over allegations of massive corruption at the State corporation.
On October 17 this year, Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti summoned Sang, Board Director John Ngumi and five others to record statements over the jetty scandal.
Four months before that, Kenya Pipeline Company was fighting claims that over Ksh.95million was lost to fraudulent procurement deals.
At the time, three officials: Samwel Odoyo (General manager, finance), Nicholas Gatobu (procurement manager) and Amina Juma (specialist welder) had their homes searched by detectives from the anti-graft agency.
Sang later announced that they had been sent on compulsory leave to pave way for investigations.
He has been the KPC boss since April 2016 after holding the fort in acting capacity for four months following the quiet exit of his predecessor Flora Akoth.